Figures show the privatised rail network is much better than publicly owned British Rail. I hope you're reading this Andy Burnham ...
1) More Investment - Taking into account inflation there has been a £5.8 billion increase in investment since 1994.
2) More Trains - There are 4,000 more train services per day than in the days of British Rail, a twenty per cent increase.
3) More Passengers - Train usage has doubled since privatisation of the railways. There are now 1.6 billion passengers a year.
4) More Destinations - Forty Eight more train stations have opened since the year 2000.
5) More Punctual - British trains have 91.5 per cent rating for arriving on time. In France this is 90.8 per cent and in Germany it is only 80 per cent.
6) More Safe - The UK has the second lowest level of fatalities and serious injuries in the EU between 2007 and 2012.
No wonder passenger satisfaction is up 7.5 per cent since privatisation. But the Left will never realise this.
Elliott Johnson is the Political Editor of Conservative Way Forward.
Follow him on Twitter